A Dignified Escape? The end of a great adventure

Leaving town, Moorwald had always found it best to do so in the dead of the night.  With an 8am flight from Jose Marti Aeropuerto la Habana, ASIO's agents procured the 4.30am taxi through the industrial part of town. All was quiet, except the purr of the large Peugeot engine. or was it a Lada, or a Travi? No one knows. So many changes.


An alternative method of travel, commonplace in Cuba: Pancho Villa on his Donkey

The full journal is in the diplomatic bag via Toronto and Vancouver, Sydney, Hobart, Glebe, and finally The Caribbean desk at Fyshwyk.  The Ambassador doesn't like the wheels of diplomacy to be choked with spy material, but what can they  do, especially  with Ebola epidemic a live (as it were) threat.

"Have you been to any West African countries" said the  deluded immigration official as we alighted from the Cuban flight. "Not today" Wormill said, confident that his compass watch accurately reflected the revolutionary revisiting of the Caribbean, and not the next journey: Angola and the Ivory Coast.

There is rumour that a more liberal government may appoint a first woman Gobernator -

Hasta luego, adios amigos! Until we meet again.

Yours in conspiracy.


Comments

Tim Tierney said…
Well, I went home with the waitress
The way I always do
How was I to know
She was with the Russians, too

I was gambling in Havana
I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns and money
Dad, get me out of this

I'm the innocent bystander
Somehow I got stuck
Between the rock and the hard place
And I'm down on my luck
And I'm down on my luck
And I'm down on my luck

Now I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan
Seals said…
VORMALD HAILED AS THE "NEW" GOUGH WHITLAM!

Forty years after Gough Whitlam's ground-breaking diplomatic coup in the Peoples Republic of China - many observers believe Whitlam's visit directly paved the way for President Richard "Tricky Dicky" Nixon's decision to normalize diplomatic relations between the United States of America and the Forbidden Kingdom - Vormald (a.k.a. humble provincial Hobart-based attorney Phil Kimber) has done much the same thing in Cuba.

Informed sources credit Vormald's recent highly successful journey to Cuba as being the catalyst for today's announcement by President Barak "Yes We Can" Obama that he will forthwith take steps to normalise diplomatic relations between the USA and Cuba.

In an obscure, arcane reference to the work of rock n roll desperado, the late Warren Zevon, White House spokesman "Tiny" Tim Tierney, is reported as having said;
"It is truly remarkable! In the space of a few short weeks, Vormald has gone from "Lawyers, Guns and Money" to "The Envoy" without missing a diplomatic beat. From Remembrance Day 2014 he will undoubtedly go down in history as "Vormald the Headless Amateur Ambassador." Message ends

Popular Posts