Hobart-Sydney-Santiago (Chile)-Buenos Aires (Argentina)



Dear Fellow Travellers-from-your-armchair:





I'm off! I just managed to escape work on Friday without getting too irreverent, and now I am only responsible for myself. Talk about trepidation!
To bring you up to date: I head off on Tuesday morning, via NZ (bastards beat the Wallabies in Tokyo on Saturday night), Santiago Chile, and then to arrive Buenos Aires on Tuesday 3rd November 5pm.

Last night we (TSO Chorus, with Tas Symphony Orchestra, and soloists including Teddy Tahu Rhodes, and Sara Macliver, Henry Chong, had a terrific performance of Mendelssohn's Elijah in the Federation Concert Hall. Keep an eye out for the review in the papers: it should be good. The audience were stunned, the theatricality was absolutely dramatic, and the music came together from all sides to sound really beautiful.

A few family (Sarah, Ronnie, Roger and Brenda, Marshall) and my Spanish teacher Elena and her husband Manuel had a quick dinner at Blue Skies then took to the concert.

I have the name of a 'bad' steak restaurant in Buenos Aires, from Seals, known colloquially as 'the House of Gluttony'. The restaurant is pictured above.

Anyway, time to pack. See you soon. If I can't get emails and blogs away it is for good reason. I don't know what that will be yet; but once the raw material starts to hit me between the eyes, I'll know, and I may not be able to tell you - otherwise I may have to make you eat your instructions or be shot with a ball of etc.

Love to you all. Felipe.

Comments

Graeme said…
Philly,

Missed you before you hopped on the long cigar for the flight to Kooba - did see you prominent in the TSO pic but..

Look forward to following progress

LL&P Graeme

Popular Posts